U-Mark, a Saudi Company, started its activities in 1995 in the field of DRTV business being one of the pioneers of this field in the Middle East. In 1997, the first retail showroom of space not exceeding 50sqm dedicated to selling As Seen on TV products was opened. Since then several showrooms and kiosks are opened on regularly basis making the total number of showrooms and kiosks at present 48. Since the opening of the first retail showroom, the company expanded in different fields; Retail, Distribution, Overseas branches and offices etc.
From 2001, U-Mark started to obtain exclusive agencies of famous brands from around the world to sell products in the entire Middle East and North African region. The Company opened its regional office in Dubai, UAE; committed to marketing these brands in the Middle East and North African region through this office. Another two offices, one in each Bahrain and Kuwait have been opened as well dedicated to marketing its other products in other Gulf States.
In the beginning of 2004, U-Mark started a re-evaluation process for its retail shops by adding new lines other than that being advertised on TV. The new lines include expansion in the Fitness Equipment and Massage Chairs and Massage Apparatuses. A full range of Sports Apparel and Sports Foot wear will be introduced in the coming months.
In 2006, the company established a TV channel under the name of ‘U-Mark TV Shopping Channel’ and it is broadcasted from Arabsat. This channel is planned to be like QVC in the near future.
U-Mark activities comprise of the following divisions:
1. Direct Marketing: Through As Seen on TV business which includes TV advertising and home delivery services. There are 3 offices for this business in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam furnished with call centers and home delivery services plus ladies' section call center in Riyadh.
2. Retail Showrooms: Currently the company has 48 showrooms situated in different cities throughout the country such as Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Khobar, Ihsa, Al-Jubail, Dhahran, Hafr Al-Baten, Madinah, Abha, Khamis Mashait, Buriadah, Al-Ras, Hail, Yanbu, Taif, Al Kharj and Tabuk. Other Countries : Bahrain and Kuwait.
3. Distribution Network: There are 3 main branches for distribution activities; Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam and 3 sub-branches in Al-Qassim, Madinah and Abha. All these branches are covering all the regions of the country.
4. Warehouses: The central and principal warehouses are based in Riyadh with two main branches in Jeddah and Dammam. The company is in the process of opening new warehouses in Qassim, Madinah and Abha.
5. Maintenance: There is a central service center in Riyadh and other two service centers in Jeddah and Dammam. Small service centers in Qassim, Madinah, Abha and Tabuk are under processing.
Over the coming 5 years, we are committed to expand our business to market leading positions in Saudi Arabia as well as in the entire Middle East region and we have started strategic development plans to help secure this goal. In addition to this, we are also committed to secure additional franchise relationship with some European, American and Chinese retail groups to broaden operating activities and offer further non competitive growth opportunities. We are planning to reach a target of 100 showrooms within the next 5 years including at least 5 mega stores with a space not less than 6000sqm.
Our main target is to be the market leader in Sports, Fitness, Massage and Health Care products within the next 5 years.
Our mission is to Provide High Quality of products and after-sales service by developing a network of brands into market leading positions within Saudi Arabia and Middle East Region.
The brand portfolio will be extended to add synergy and value to our current operations and to the benefit of our customers.
The business as a whole will expand successfully around the principle of putting our customers first at all times, and delivering to them products with Best QUALITY, Best PRICE & Best level of CUSTOMER SERVICE.